Monday, January 17, 2011

First FO of the new year!

Thanks go this three-day weekend, I was able to finish up my first quilt of the 2011. Technically I started it in 2010... but it was just a top, all of the quilting & binding took place this year.



As with all the quilts I make, I absolutely love this one. The fabrics make me sooooo happy. Thus, I'm calling it my Happy Batiks quilt. Went with my new favorite quilting technique - wavy diagonal lines. I'm really starting to feel like my quilting is improving.

*Just wanted to add that I want to show this quilt at the Sister's Outdoor Quilt show this summer. I'm also trying to decide if I want to offer it for sale there or not. As I was making it my intention was to try to make this one for sale, but then I got it all finished up and I just love it! Selling a quilt you've made yourself is almost like selling your baby, you know?

If I ever do decide to start selling my quilts, I think the key will be to make two identical quilts at the same time... and keep one for myself!!

3 comments:

Kaye said...

Very pretty! Is this one for YOU?

Rebel said...

Thanks! I actually haven't decided if I'm going to try to sell it. I'll keep you posted!

Michael5000 said...

It really is very good, Reb.

What I do with "selling" is simply to price it at a point where the money would be an adequate consolation. this means I've never sold anything, but I DO have lots of awesome quilts!