Monday, March 21, 2011

Batik Bricks

I finished up Batik Bricks a little while ago.


I didn't do anything fancy with it, just some diagonal quilting, and what is becoming my signature (lazy) straight line quilting in the border. I think it turned out fine. I'm still not okay with the purple, but oh well.


Lesson learned... if I don't love the fabrics, I'm probably not going to love the quilt.


Oh... and in February I finished up this Pirate quilt, and gave it away on Saturday.

Somehow though, I completely forgot to take any pictures of it finished up! I did a thin black inner border, and I can't remember if I did a red outer border... or if I just finished it with red on the back & red binding. Gah... it looked pretty good, can't believe I forgot the finished shot. Oh well.

So I hadn't posted it in February, but it was finished, so that's 3 finished quilts in the first three months of the year. If I keep on this pace, I could conceivably meet the 12 quilts in a year challenge... but I'm not sure how hard I'm going to pursue that.

2 comments:

Kaye said...

The purple and red quilt reminds me of those Red Hat Society ladies...

LOVE that pirate quilt! Lucky kid!

jovaliquilts said...

Well I definitely love the purple and red, but those colors speak to me. The pirate quilt is adorable -- maybe you could get the recipient to take a photo?