Tuesday, June 2, 2009

field recordings

Just another taste of what it's like to live in Rayong.




This is a recording of the frogs that live in the pond/swamp near my apartment. At this moment I can hear an absolute cacophany of them. There's a slow deep bass rythym crooooak..... crooooak...... crooooak - it almost sounds like a duck's honk. But behind that is a slightly quieter but still plenty loud higher pitched overlapping ribbitribbitribbitribbit. I'm sure there are a few bugs of one type or another thrown in there, and naturally a dog (or five) howls to break up the monotony.







I also do a half-assed job of showing off the rest of the street. The place directly across the street is where I have breakfast more often than not (kai jeow baby!). And the multi-story peach colored building is where I live.








TAG: Code Watermelon




PS - it took me four tries and about as many hours to upload this video! I miss lighteningfasthighspeed internet.

5 comments:

Bezzie said...

Awww...I miss frogs. MI always had a background noise of froggies at night.

jovaliquilts said...

Very neat!

Rebel said...

bezzie - did it also have an abundance of frog road kill? I have never seen so many dead frogs in my life!

jovial - I thought so too. =)

Melody said...

I like the effect of the rain dripping with the frog noise...peaceful in a 42 second clip.

Rebel said...

It's peaceful, unless you're trying to sleep... it's really quite loud.