Thursday, January 15, 2009

I need a waterproof computer

The other day at the beach I had ideas for about 3 different blog posts. I kept thinking "I should go home and write this up." but you know, I was in the ocean and I *like* being in the ocean, so I just stayed in the ocean. I often get like that at the beach, overwhelmed with a desire to do everything all at once. I want to sit on the beach and read, I want to swim, I want to write postcards, I want to float in an inner tube, I want to eat something, I want to nap, I want to stare at the ocean. I just can't seem to get enough of the whole experience.


While I live closer to the beach than I ever have, it's still not enough. Depending on my luck with the songthaews it takes between 30 min & an hour to get to the beach. And the songthaews stop running at around 6pm, so I generally try to catch one at 5ish just in case. I'd love to be able to see the ocean when I wake up in the morning, and walk along the shore before I go to bed. I want to be able to go swimming every single day. That would be nirvana for me... and I imagine that I would be infinitely more creative and positive if I could somehow make that happen.


Until then, I guess I should just try to take notes of all my deep thoughts... you know, like on paper or something. ;)



TAG: Code Sweet Chili Sauce - mostly life is good but last night there was a domestic disturbance next door that really freaked me out. I don't even know what was happening, just that it was all very loud and at 2am. =( Oh, and my camera is broken.... again.... =(

5 comments:

Bezzie said...

You could make a killing inventing a waterproof laptop. I enjoy the beach once a year, but I come up with some great blog posts in the shower.

But would that be weird? Blogging naked that is.

Jeannetto said...

Recently I've been writing posts on my cell phone. That works for me.

I'm similar to you, I always drag a huge bag of misc stuff to the beach or park or coffee shop, so I can write, draw, watercolor, play DS, listen to music, read something, study kanji, or make an origami crane. Usually just end up staring into space, though.

BTW, I really like your advisory guide.

Rebel said...

Bezzie, I have, more than once, blogged while less than completely clothed. The benefit of living alone & in a tropical climate.

Jeannette - you should make a Japan Advisory Guide! I'd love to hear about a Code Wasabi day!

Mag said...

Panasonic does make waterproof laptops. They are made for soldiers to carry into combat, or shore duty as the case may be. :-)

Jeannetto said...

Hmmm...permission to steal the idea. I might go for it.