Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Final Stretch

It's hard to believe but I've got just under a week left in Thailand before I return to the States.

Coming to Ko Phangan was a good idea, it's touristy in the extreme, but it's relaxing. The Full Moon Party was good - tons and tons of people, crowds from one end of the beach to the other. It was reportedly one of the mellower ones of the year - which was fine with me. I hung out with some Irish boys and chatted with folks from all over the world. Very fun indeed.

Then there were a couple days of stormy weather though, so I didn't get to spend as much time on the beach as I would have liked. Walked out to watch the waves for a while when the rain stopped though. It was quite spectacular ... but the wind was really strong and the waves were coming all the way up to the row of shops lining the beach so I couldn't really stay out for long.

The weather got better this afternoon, the sun came out for a couple hours and people were actually able to go out swimming. The waves were impressive - for Thailand - it almost reminded me of swimming in NJ and NC. A few folks tried surfing with limited success... the waves weren't *that* big. But they were big enough to smack you around a bit if you didn't watch them.

I'd like to stay a few more days but am feeling a bit antsy to get my stuff all sorted, close out my bank account and all that. Tomorrow night I'll be on the bus, the next I'll be in Bangkok... then I hope to make one more trip to Ko Samet before heading back to Bangkok... then HOME.

It's going to take a long time to wrap my brain around this whole experience and get back to normal life.




TAG: Code Sweet Chili Sauce

5 comments:

Michael5000 said...

Sweet Chili Sauce, grrlfriend! The adventure nears its end! It seems like you've been in Asia forever -- and yet you finished your big project before I could polish off the Bible, the Reading List, OR the Great Movies!!!

Kaye said...

HOnestly it seems like you just left!!!

Kaye said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Batty said...

My sister went to the Full Moon party and loved it. Have a great time, relax, then come back here. There's lots of knitty fun going on!

Lady Miss Violet said...

I'm so glad you're going to be returning to Oregon before I relocate! Don't forget your swim friends!