Monday, November 30, 2009

Home! Sort of.

I'm back in Portland and pretty excited to be back on familiar turf again. I am set up in a sweeeeeet apartment, the part time residence of a friend's parents. It's big, clean, stocked with the basics and situated next to a Trader Joe's and across from a Max station, so I can hop on the train pretty easily and get anywhere I need to go. The only down side is that there's no internet access there, but that's literally the *only* downside. I'm really feeling blessed that I have friends here who are so willing to help me out.

At the moment, I'm hanging out at the downtown library and pretending to look for jobs. No, actually I did apply for one, but I really need to quit procrastinating and channel my anxiety into this whole job hunting thing.

As my life is not likely to be particularly interesting for the next few months, I don't anticipate writing much more on this blog. I know I promised all kinds of posts about American food, and about the King of Thailand (who I am no longer forbidden to call a 'giant poopy head' if I so wish... I don't really wish to, but it's nice to have the option) but now that I have real live people to talk to, pouring my guts out online is not so much of a driving need. But who knows?

6 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

You could always blog your knitting again. ;) Welcome home to Portland!

Stacey said...

Welcome home! :D

IamSusie said...

Welcome back! Enjoy your time settling in. Check back in with us when you are ready, especially if you have new quilting and knitting projects!

Batty said...

Welcome back home! Now, stop procrastinating and get thyself a job.

gl. said...

welcome home! i like your new header. :)

Susan said...

Portland's a good place to live. I hope you stay. Wonder if your cooking skills and your Thailandian travels might mix...
Seven