I just finished it. (And actually wrote a whole post about it, saving regularly like a good girl, but when I added the last photo everything else disappeared- wtf!) Anyway, the pattern is New Look 6593, bias cut skirt with a waist band & zipper (glutton for punishment that I am). I really didn't like the pattern, and I don't plan on using it again. To start with, I didn't like the pattern layout, it would have wasted a lot of fabric. I mean, I know bias skirts waste fabric... but this was excessive... so I just cut it with the grain. It won't have the same drape, but it should still be nice.
And here's an "action shot" of the floral skirt I made earlier this summer (as opposed to the always classy "hanging on the bathroom door" shot):
There are many things I don't like about this picture, but I wanted to show off the fact that I made a skirt that actually fits, and looks like a real skirt! A major success in my book. =) For this skirt and the one below, I used McCall's 4306, bias skirt with a zipper, but no waist band. I liked this pattern a lot so I'll use it again.
Now I actually made this skirt a while ago, but didn't want to post it because it turned out a lot dorkier than I thought it would. I don't know... the fabric seemed really cool in the store, and the whole thing seemed like a good idea at the time. I haven't worn it in public, and I'm not sure when or if I ever will.
But then... this *is* Portland, and I've seen far stranger things!