Thursday, August 7, 2008

Going Dark for real this time... sorta ;)

I'm about to turn in my cable modem... which is sure to involve another fabulous tale of trying to get errands done on TriMet. After that I have a few (dozen) loads of trash to take out - picking up all those odds and ends around the apartment. I have a friend coming over at 5 to pick up Betty (and give her a good home), then another friend coming over to pick up my crafty stuff to store.

After that I'll be trying to pack, unpack & repack until everything that's left will fit in my suitcases. I've reconciled myself to the fact that I'll be paying extra baggage fees... but I still need to be able to lift it all.

I've still got a couch, desk & entertainment center to deal with - although a few people have been calling about the couch so think good Craigslist thoughts for me!!!

Flight to San Francisco tomorrow morning, flight to Thailand on Monday (1am!!!) then I'll be in Thailand by Tuesday. Think happy "planes to stay in the air until slowly gliding into the appropriate airport at the appropriate time" thoughts for me too. =) I'll try to post something as soon as I can.

9 comments:

Stacey said...

Good Luck Hon! Take care of yourself & we'll be thinking happy flying thoughts!

marissa said...

i'm so excited for you! what an adventure!! :)

Mag said...

Best of luck to you! I will be looking forward to hearing all about it in future.

Bezzie said...

How exciting! You'll have a blast. A work in progress indeed!

d said...

even though i know everything's gonna be fantastic beyond the telling of it, i'm sort of freaking out for you.

tuesday!

Corrina said...

So exciting. Can't wait to see what happens next!

Karin said...

Bon voyage! Safe travels. All that, adventurous soul!

Lady Miss Violet said...

I hope you enjoy everything about your new adventure! I'm sending good thoughts for smooth sailing.
Take care!

Anonymous said...

Bon voyage!!! And big hugs and warm thoughts. Send an address in Thailand when you can -- overseas mail is the best kind!!