Thursday, September 11, 2008

We live in a beautiful world...

Today's TAG - Mango baby... all mango.


I got up this morning, not nearly as hung over as I expected to be. That night out was far better for me than I can adequately put into words... but you know me.... I'll try. ;)


There I was sitting in a bar, in the middle of a Buddhist country, shit faced drunk, listening to a sworn atheist tell me how much Jesus loves me. And really believing it for the first time in a very ... very long time. It was one of those strange and beautiful things I never could have predicted would happen here.


Tomorrow night all the teachers are going out with the students. I really don't know what to expect. But you can trust that I will give a full report on both my last day of practice teaching, a review of the course overall, and of course whatever happens at this party.

3 comments:

Sarah Nopp said...

Sounds like a great way to end your training. That is what sitting at a bar full of lovely strangers should be about!

Zonda said...

Look forward to hearing what happens! :)

gl. said...

congratulations! that night sounds like a good story, but it may not be something that can be adequately described. i think i've had a moment or two like that, though, and i'm an atheist. :)