Monday, March 30, 2009

Worlds Colliding

Back in the day saying you 'met someone online' would conjure up scary images. But today, it just seems normal.




This weekend both Jonathan from Chronicles of the Next Floor, and Cate from Cate's World Kitchen were in Bangkok. There were vague plans for a blogs-colliding kind of meet up, but the logistics didn't quite work out. I did manage to meet up with Cate & her husband for drinks and some highly delicious hummus - which was nice. They pretty much sold me on moving to Bangkok. It was the food. Cate gave me the full run down on the food situation in a few different neighborhoods. The idea of being able to find more than just Thai food is really appealing.



It was so appealing in fact that rather than do any sight seeing on Sunday, I spent the whole day at Paragon (the really high-end mall) eating. Well, in the morning I stayed in my hotel room watching the Discovery Channel and National Geographic in English. I watched a whole program on venomous snakes solely because I could understand every word of it. Very exciting. I also popped into some English language bookstores ... that was fun too. But mostly I was all about the eating. For lunch I had a salmon bagel with a green salad ... it was so delicious. And I followed it up with a double chocolate cupcake that actually tasted like chocolate. Amazing. All in all, a pretty good day.



So I guess the new plan is to start looking for a job in Bangkok. I've applied for one, but I need to get serious about it. Maybe that'll be my project for tomorrow. Ugh. I hate job searching. I hate interviews... I hate all of this. Blah. But I'm also done with Rayong, I need a wider social circle... I need more things to do... I need cheese.







TAG - Code Watermelon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that's a brilliant idea! It is nice to have easy access to absolutely ANYTHING you need.