Tomorrow night I'm going to hopefully pick up a copy of Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows. I say hopefully because although I pre-ordered a copy, I did so through Borders... and Borders is requiring people to show up a 9am in order to get a wristband for the midnight release party. On the one hand I understand the need for crowd control etc. etc. But on the other hand.... dang it, what are people supposed to do if they work during the daytime???
So rather than skip work to go to Borders to stand in line to get a wristband so I can come back and stand in line again , I'll go to the much less restrictive Hawthorne Powells in the Peoples Republic of SouthEast Portland, and just hope they ordered enough copies for the masses.
Don't expect to hear much from me for the next few days. I'll be hiding out until I finish the book! OH but before I go - here are my predictions:
- Snape is good, he'll get redeemed, and then promptly killed off. It will be tragic and everyone who hated Snape (including myself) will cry.
- Ginny's love for Harry (and Harry's love for Ginny) will cause a major crisis. But will also save them in the end.
- Vampires show up and do bad things.
- One of the Weasleys will die, but I kinda think Molly's going to kick some ass.
- Harry's scar will vanish, and he'll get to be normal for the rest of his life.
Here's hoping for a very happy ending!