Thursday, April 3, 2008

Waaaaa waaaa waaa

Warning: Whining ahead... and some TMI.


I'm siiiiiiiiick. And I know I brought it on myself because a few weeks ago all my coworkers got sick and I had to cover from them, and I was really jealous and kinda hoped I would get sick so I could stay home too. So you know... I had it coming.

Yesterday I woke up with a sore throat, and when I got to work I started feeling really crappy. But I always feel crappy at work. I went and lay down at lunch time, but still felt crappy. Then I felt nauseous... so I knew I was really sick and went home. I made it as far as my mailbox before puking. Fun!

So now I'm home. Mostly sleeping. I made one outing to the store to pick up some Ginger Ale, chicken noodle cup-a-soup, and of course... seasons 1 & 2 of The Office. That *almost* makes up for all the hurting. My head hurts, my ears hurt, my throat hurts, my whole body hurts. I hurt too much to knit or quilt. Almost too much to eat (cup-a-soup goes down pretty easy). I did manage to do my taxes though... then I took a 2 hour nap. Then I woke up and relocated to the couch for the rest of the afternoon.

Now I know what it's like to be Sally.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get well soon, hon! I've luckily escaped the plague so far (my office was all sick too) and I don't envy you.

And now I'm going to go knock on wood.

Beverly said...

Feel better!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Get better soon!!

gl. said...

oh, no, it's the portland plague! best wishes for a swift recovery.

Bezzie said...

Ha ha! Now if you start licking your own butt, I'm going to have to ask Sally to alert the authorities.

But in all seriousness--I hope you feel better!!!

Mag said...

Feel better sweetie pie!
It is a bitch to have to fetch your own ginger ale when you are laid up. I've had to do it more times than I can say.

Olga said...

bummer your down for the count. Ginger ale is a good friend.But taxes?! Why on earth? your sick, quit trying to be a hero!

Rebel said...

Thanks for commiserating everyone. I'm doing better today, not so achey/pukey, just tired & stuffy.

Olga - I did the taxes laying down... so it wasn't that bad. It was stressing me out more not to have them done. And I should be getting a decent check back from the Feds. So that makes me feel a little better.