Saturday, July 26, 2008

Favorite movies

I didn't think these quotes were that obscure... but you know, taken out of context I guess tough to identify:

1. "I am nobody’s little weasel." (to be fair, this is said in French - I just can't catch all the words) - Amelie, this is one of the funniest lines, her expression is priceless.

2. "I am Colin, god of sex. I’m just on the wrong continent, that’s all." - Love Actually, I love Colin - going to the magical place called "Wisconsin" to hook up with hot American babes.

3. "I do not wish to call you my friend, because I hope to call you something infinitely more dear." - Emma, as Mr. Knightly proposes. Swoon.

4. "Oh God that I were a man, I would eat his heart in the marketplace!" - Much Ado About Nothing, after Hero is belied, slandered, undone! In an awesome Emma Thompson / Kenneth Branaugh scene, Beatrice defends her cousin with a kick ass speech.

5. "My ass is twitching. You people make my ass twitch." French Kiss, Kate imitating Luc's grumpy attitude.

6. "Believe me Marianne, had I not been bound to silence, I could have produced proof enough of a broken heart, even for you." Sense & Sensibility, another Emma Thompson scene.

7. "I ain’t looking for help from on high, that’s a long wait for a train don’t come." Serenity, Mal talking to Shepard Book.

8. "I myself am often surprised at life’s little quirks." - The Princess Bride , Wesley explaining to Buttercup how he could be the Dread Pirate Roberts.

9. "I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be." - Office Space, Peter's dream come true.

10. "My friends, you bow to no one." Yup - Lord of the Rings, Return of the King... this is such an awesome scene. I cry!


And in other movie related news - I've gotten rid of half my DVDs and 3/4 of my CDs but there are still some that I want to keep, and ideally take with me to Thailand. I was freaking out because I just didn't know how I'd be able to take them all, and it would be super expensive to mail them...when a friend gave me the brilliantly simple idea of buying one of those CD cases. yay!


I successfully got all of this:


Into this:


Sweet!

No comments: