Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Joy

Don't forget to HELP SALLY by spreading the word to cat-less people.

I recently found two things on the internet that are just pure joy.

Boom de Yada



Dancing 2008




If you're not smiling after watching one or both of these videos... well, you have no soul =P

In addition to adding a little more joy to my life, I'm trying to adopt an attitude of gratitude. I got my visa for Thailand today - it was really easy, so I'm thankful for that. I got my economic stimulus check yesterday, and I'm really grateful for that. I'm even more grateful that I'm able to take this time off of work to enjoy life and take my time getting ready for my next adventure. Oh and the weather has been spectacular lately - another source of both joy and gratitude. If anyone doubts the reality of Seasonal Affective Disorder, just compare my blog entries of a month or two ago when it was cold & rainy to now when it's sunny and warm. LOL. Thailand is going to be awesome for me.


Enough about me - what has brought you joy recently? For what are you thankful?

6 comments:

Bezzie said...

Yes SSAD is totally real too. That's Sunny Seasonal Affective Disorder. I know I suffered from that in Texas. Too much sun all the time. Yes, people say "it's great! how can you NOT like it?" But have you ever been around those over-perky cheery people? It's like that. You want to smack the over-perkey cheery people and tell them that it's OK to have a bad day/mood. That's what I wanted to do with the weather in Texas. RAIN AND BE MISERABLE ALREADY!!
Reading your post and being reminded I no longer have to deal with that--that brought me joy!!

Rebel said...

Well it depends... people who are bubble-gum cheery all the time bug me, but I admire people who can maintain a good outlook on life most of the time. I, of course, am neither!

Anonymous said...

The Dancing video is easily the best I've ever seen. The boys and I loved it. Thank you for sharing it.

I hope you have good internet access in Thailand, because I really want to keep up with what you're doing.

Also have you seen Matt's outtakes? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT8jA_pps3o&feature=user The boys and I just laughed our way through that!

gl. said...

okay, the boom de yada video makes this xkcd comic make so much more sense:
http://www.xkcd.com/442/

congrats on your thailand visa! i keep reminding myself to be grateful i have a body that moves and breathes without much difficulty.

Rebel said...

corrina - I have actually seen the outtakes - I spent a good long time on his website the other day. (you know, when I should have been cleaning ;) )

gl - yeah, that's where I found it - at first I was like "what is this?" then I saw the link at the top.

Michael5000 said...

I'm thankful about a whole ton of things, actually -- but "my" "economic stimulus" check sure isn't one of them. I don't appreciate being forced to take a loan on poor terms, to be paid back in taxes for the rest of my days. If I'd needed a loan, I'd have gone out and got one on my own, thanks.

Sorry, I know that isn't what the post was really about. Touchy subject with me.