Thursday, May 10, 2007

Artist Trading Card #1


This is my very first Artist Trading Card* - what do you think?

* An Artist Trading Card is kind of like a Baseball Card, only for artists (not that I consider myself an 'artist' but I couldn't resist an excuse to pull out my scissors, magazines & hodge podge). According to Wikipedia, the idea started with the Impressionists, as a way of studying each other's techniques. But it seems like now it's just for creative expression and sharing your art with other artists. The 'rules' at least according to craftster are that they should be 2 1/2" by 3 1/2", and are not to be bought or sold, but only traded for other cards. But beyond that you can use any medium, any theme, any materials. I think I'm going to keep this one, because it's my very first... but I may just make some more to trade.


2 comments:

MeganAnne said...

I love it! What makes it an AIC?

Jessica said...

My mom scarpbooks and she made a bunch of those a while ago. I like yours!