Friday, May 4, 2007

Fly little geese, fly!


How to make three triangles out of two squares and a rectangle:

Pin the first square to half the rectangle - then sew it from corner to corner.









Then you fold back that side, and attach the other square. It's also a good idea to clip the excess fabric at this point, so the seams don't get too bulky.











Press the second side open and press with a hot iron.

Voila! A geese. ;)










Here's a first look at how some of the different fabrics look together. I had a few "oh maude what have I done" moments looking at the combinations of fabrics one on one. I'm betting on two principles to make this work: 1. Red and Pink really do go together (if this is proved wrong, I'm in trouble!) and 2. If I use enough different shades of red & pink, even if two fabrics clash with each other, they'll match enough other fabrics that they won't stand out too badly. That's the hope anyway, we'll see how it all works out.

I spent a couple of hours of pinning & sewing & pressing & clipping last night and I managed to complete 17 geese. I need 176. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Libby said...

Your geese look awesome! I love pink & red together and you're absolutely right...the overall affect will be great, even if some of the unit seem questionable. Keep at it, it will be amazing - Libby via craftster

Anonymous said...

I have to say that while I have always admired your talent (be it amateur or whatnot) at both bread-baking and hand crafts, you're really getting good at this stuff! It all looks amazing and I'm very impressed! Gros bisous.

Mag said...

You've got your work cut out for you! LOL!

It's shaping up well, bon chance!