Sunday, May 13, 2007

Making progress.

I've made some progress on my quilt. I've finished all 88 dark geese with light backgrounds.
And I've started the light geese with dark backgrounds.
I actually got a lot done this weekend. I'm eager to start putting all the pieces together though. I'm such an impatient crafter. I really enjoy the planning phase, picking out the pattern, sketching out how I want it to look, and picking out the fabrics. But then I just want it done! I mean, I don't want it done as in, I'd just pay someone else to put it together for me, because a lot of the satisfaction I get from crafting is having done something myself. But I guess I get more satisfaction out of having finished it, than I do out of the actual doing.

5 comments:

Mag said...

Gee I don't know, that sounds like you're more of a designer and less of a crafter. Maybe you need a staff to make up the things your create? ;-)

Look at all those 'blocks', you have been busy! Good Going!

Rebel said...

I know - I just need Martha Stewart's staff of hundreds and I'll be able to do all the things I want to do.

Unknown said...

hmmm... is there a reason they're called 'geese'?

i know, i am so not a quilter. ;-)

Rebel said...

I'm using a traditional quilting pattern called "Flying Geese" I guess when you've got them all on the quilt they do look kinda like birds flying. In any case it's more fun to call them geese than "rectangular blocks made of three trinagles.". =)

jenn said...

i'm so glad i'm not the only one who is sitting here thinking, "um, geese? really?" what about "flying envelopes"?