Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Pop Quiz!

It's time to give a little love to the faithful readers of Work in Progress. It's also time to see how much personal information I've been spreading throughout the internets. ;) So the topic of the pop quiz is - ME!

First place will receive a $15 gift card to the largest independent bookstore in the US; Powells Books. Another winner will be drawn at random from the entrants for a surprise I haven't thought of yet. ;) In the event of a tie, I'll come up with a tie breaking essay question.

Submit your answers in the comments, the quiz is open until Friday night, winners announced on Caturday 10/27/07. This is an open-book quiz, but no cheating off your neighbor's answers. =P

Multiple Choice Quiz

1. Where was I born?

a) New Jersey
b) Oregon
c) Tennessee
d) California


2. To get to work I:

a) Drive
b) Walk
c) Bike
d) Take the bus


3. I’m fluent in the following language(s):

a) French
b) Spanish
c) both of the above
d) neither of the above


4. I am most afraid of

a) Slugs
b) Bats
c) Bees
e) Spiders


5. I knit:

a) English
b) Continental
c) Combined


6. I quilt:

a) By machine
b) By hand
c) Machine piece, hand quilt.


7. My favorite artist is:

a) Vincent Van Gogh
b) Mary Cassatt
c) Claude Monet
e) Auguste Renoir


8. The food I don’t like is:

a) Indian
b) Mexican
c) Japanese
d) Italian


9. My favorite band is:

a) Death Cab for Cutie
b) The Decemberists
c) Guster
d) Athlete


10. What is my favorite Holiday?

a) Thanksgiving
b) New Year’s Eve
c) The 4th of July
d) Easter


11. Betty is the name of my:

a) sewing machine
b) cat
c) mixer
d) car


12. Whose birthday is October 26th? (pick all that apply)

a) Mine
b) My sister's
c) My nephew’s
d) Hillary Rodham Clinton’s

14 comments:

Michael5000 said...

Oh boy, a quiz! A 12-item quiz!

1. uh-oh. a?
2. b
3. d.
4. hmm... c?
5. uh... c?
6. a, of course.
7. maybe b?
8. I'll say c, it's the outlier.
9. c.
10. None of the above. It's Caturday.
11. b!
12. All of the above.

Rebel said...

LOL - yeah, I don't know where I got that idea. ;)

Anonymous said...

Okay, I did a minimum of research, but for the most part I tried to remember/guess...

1. D (I hope this is right, since I asked you this question in person!)
2. B (unless it's really freakin' cold or something)
3. D
4. E (which I think is supposed to be D)
5. B? (couldn't remember at all, even knitting next to you!)
6. A (C is a trick question I think, but I could be wrong)
7. A toughie! I will say A, even though I know you also like Monet.
8. D (total guess)
9. B
10. C
11. A
12. Both A & D? I know D is right!

Sue, aka seiding said...

OK, some of this is guess-work, but I'll give it a shot.

1. c
2. b
3. well, I know you speak some French, but I think you said you didn't remember much, so I'm going with d. because I think you're pretty self-deprecating.
4. a?
5. a?
6. a. (0n the be-starred Fraulein Peggy.)
7. c
8. b?
9. b
10. c. Mine too!
11. c
12. a and d?

Anonymous said...

1) a
2) b
3) a
4) c
5) a
6) a
7) c
8) b
9) b
10)c
11)c
12) a, d

I'm hoping that I don't offend you by getting some that I SHOULD know wrong :-(

Rebel said...

Oh, I don't think there are any of these that anyone 'should' know... and I'm certainly wouldn't be offended by a wrong answer!

but it is interesting to see who's been paying attention. ;)

Mag said...

Ah sweetie, I just cannot take a test right now. (See my blog.) Just know that I luvs you and I know a couple of esoteric things about you that only a bloggstalker can know. ;-)

jenn said...

Yay! I love quizzes. I feel I have an unfair advantage, so don't put me in the running for the prize. But DO put me in the running for a smug sense of superiority.

1. A
2. B
3. D
4. E (I can't believe it, but I don't know this one! We never encountered any bats when we lived together...)
5. I refuse to answer this question, because you've never told me what style you knit in, even though I would have listened with interest, because I find your knitting stories interesting. And then I was going to just cheat off of your knitting friends, but there's no clear consensus there. Well, okay, I'll guess A.
6. A
7. C
8. D
9. C
10. C
11. C
12. A, B, D

T is said...

1. a
2. b
3. d
4. b
5. b
6. a
7. c
8. d (I hope it is not Indian or you picked a bad chioce for your b-day dinner!)
9. c
10. c
11. a
12. a, b, d

(true Jenn really does have an unfair advantage!!!)

Michael5000 said...

Oooh, ~I~ want a smug sense of superiority too!!!

Mag said...

I'm not really playing for prizes, I'm playing to alienate with my complete ignorance. ;)
1. It's either New Jersey or Tennessee. I'm leaning towards Tennessee.
2. Walkies!
3.Neither, but I know you studied French.
4.Slugs. That's the one I'm most disgusted by.
5. I'm going to go English, but I am not prejudiced.
6. by machine? Isn't that why you needed a new one? I so hope it is by machine, otherwise you are the fastest hand quilter on the planet and we can expect carpal tunnel for you in the near future. ;)
7. I honestly don't know, not even a guess. Out of those four I'd pick Vincent. But that's me.
8. Indian? Again, that's me. ;)
9. Not one clue.
10. Thanksgiving
11. It's gotta be your pink stand mixer. Frauline Peggy is your new sewing machine that gets the gold stars.
12. Zuma's!!!

OK, that's all I can remember without cheating and searching your blog.

Rebel said...

Wow - everyone's doing really well! I'm impressed. =)

But if you want a really smug sense of self-satisfaction, take Michael5000's weekly Thursday Quiz:

http://michael5000.blogspot.com/2007/10/thursday-quiz-ix.html

Mag said...

I want to change my answer for #7, I just remembered the Monet Sweater. It's Claude Monet.

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm going to try at the last minute!
1. A
2. B
3. D
4. E
5. B (shot in the dark)
6. A
7. C (but you ADORE Cassat -- this is hard!)
8. D
9. C
10. C
11. C
12. A, B, C, D