Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Right Brain vs. Left Brain

I saw this article, and have been absolutely transfixed by it. I can get the woman to spin in a different direction by blurring my eyes or blinking a lot, very very trippy.

Dancing Lady

Just thought those of you who haven't already seen it might find it really interesting.

In other news, I had a lot of fun at Twisted last night. There was a minor emergency when I ran out of yarn for a new project I'm working on... but seeing as I was *in* a yarn shop, the crisis was averted pretty quickly. I'll put up pictures as soon as I give it away. Yeah, I know... I'm supposed to be doing stuff for me now, but I've been wanting to make something for this person for a while now. I should be able to finish it up tonight. Which means I'll need to bring something else with me to Abundant on Thursday (two knitting nights in one week - what a wild life I lead ;) ).

6 comments:

Stacey said...

I'm sad I couldn't be at Twisted with you all! :( I'm glad you had such a great time!

Mag said...

When I first looke at it, it was moving clockwise, and after a nanosecond, counter-clockwise. I can't see it any other way now.

Mag said...

OK, I think there's some BS going on with the dancing lady. She switches entirely too much and I'm not that speical with my brain. I do have amibdextrous abilites (use both hands, etc, both sides of my brain) but I've tested out as mostly left brained before.

Michael5000 said...

Hmm, I had kind of assumed that "Twisted" was a bar where you were going to knit.....

Rebel said...

Stacey I wish you could have been there too!

Magatha - it just means you're smarter than the average bear. ;)

M5K - alas, Twisted is not a bar, but the cafe at Abundant yarns has beer. Unfortunately, KUI (knitting under the influence) can have dire consequences.

Bezzie said...

As long as we're talking about Portland bars--have you heard of The Vault? I just found out an old friend of mine from HS manages there.

Oh and I still need your addy to mail you sharp objects. ;-)